Job Title Seasonal Support (Two Positions)
The Town of Port Hawkesbury has an opening for Seasonal Support person(s). The position(s) will support various departments within the Town’s organizational structure. As a town employee, the successful candidate will deliver exceptional customer service and professionalism and represent the town with a community minded focus while demonstrating a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The successful applicant will be responsible to safely and efficiently provide assistance to all departments within the Town of Port Hawkesbury. This includes but is not limited to maintaining town cleanliness by way of general garbage control throughout the town including the town’s waterfront, pocket parks and AT trails, beautification support by way of plant watering, weeding and care, mowing, snipping and painting. Additionally, this position will also support aquatic operations and maintenance of facilities, parks & recreation grounds maintenance, along with other duties as needed given inter-departmental demands. Working under the supervision of the Manager of Facilities, Parks and Operations and the Director of Recreation, you will be responsible for your personal safety, and that of co-workers while ensuring compliance with Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
The successful applicant will be a collaborative team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected. You understand that town employees work throughout the community and provide a high level of service to residents, you will demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything that you do. The successful applicant will flourish in a dynamic, flexible and fast-paced environment which is subject to a wide variety of tasks and organizational needs.
You should also have or be able to attain the following:
- Completion of grade 12 education.
- General and/or specific safety training in accordance with TOPH Safety Program and Nova Scotia OH&S regulations.
- Ability to pass a current criminal background check with vulnerable sector.
- Physical ability and fitness for moderate to heavy physical exertion for extended periods of time.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (drivers abstract may be requested).
- Ability to understand and apply written and oral instructions.
- Additional required training will be provided.
Hours and Reporting
These position(s) will be 35 hours per week and hours of work may be varied given organizational needs, and report to the Manager of Facilities, Parks and Operations and the Director of Recreation
- To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume no later than Monday June 19th, 2:00 pm local time by email to [email protected]. Resumes may also be dropped off at the Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre box off or mailed to:
Town of Port Hawkesbury
Attn: Seasonal Support Position
Manager of Facilities, Parks and Operations
606 Reeves Street, Unit 1
Port Hawkesbury, NS, B9A 2R7
Applications submitted beyond the closing date and time, or incomplete applications, will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position and Department(s). It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.