Host Meetings & Events
There are many benefits of hosting an event at the Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre. The Centre is a state-of-the-art facility that houses an arena, fitness centre, meeting and conference facilities, performance space, gallery and retail space, municipal offices, racquetball courts, and walking track.
The Civic Centre utilizes architectural innovations offering a truly "green building" that is more efficient and easier on the environment and its visitors.
The Civic Centre has a complete equipment package for business needs, including LCD projectors, video conferencing, public hot spot wireless connectivity, and a full service business centre are available.
With catering and kitchen facilities on site, and a staff intent on solving your business and meeting needs, the Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre has everything required for your next meeting, convention or event.
The Civic Center is located on Cape Breton Island - an area known for its beauty, culture, and hospitality.
- #2 destination in the world - National Geographic Traveler.
- #1 Island destination in the world - Conde Naste Travel Magazine.
- Whale watching, deep sea fishing, beaches and scenic ocean views everywhere.
- Live entertainment and home to international recording stars
- Where history comes alive at the Fortress of Louisbourg, Miner’s Museum, Saint Peter’s Canal, and home to Alexander Graham Bell and Guglielmo Marconi.
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
- 7 golf courses, including the #1 public golf course in Canada - Score Magazine.
- Great convention facilities
June 12, 2018
Jim Cuddy Trio
The Jim Cuddy Trio will be performing September 28, at the Bear Head Conference Room. Tickets go on sale June 18 at 10:00...
May 16, 2018
Student Art Exhibit
This years student art exhibit will open May 17 at 7:00 p.m. at the J. Franklin Wright Gallery. Please join us for some light...
May 09, 2018
Port Hawkesbury Ceilidh Market
Port Hawkesbury Ceilidh Market – Fresh Beginnings
The Port Hawkesbury Ceilidh Market will open this July...